Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nature Poem


Beauty in A Cloudy day

The sky was white and grey
as the clouds hid the sun from a sunny day.
Drops fell from the trees,
remnants of rainfall is left behind,
It seemed the sun wasn’t going to show its face all day.
Could beauty still be found on such a gloomy rainy day?

Then a Bright Orange colored butterfly fly’s across my path.
My eyes follow it to its destination.
Beauty it beholds. Landing on a blooming white flower.
His journey then begins again,
Making his way past trees full of color.
Landing on more remarkable flowers.
Bringing my eyes to the attention,
of natures beauty to be found.
Natures beauty on this cloudy day.
Beauty I thought would have to found another day.

Even when I think natures beauty is hidden by rain and clouds.
It is revealed.
Across my path He comes again,
Bright orange colored with a black trim
I then begin to hear the song the birds are singing.
Beauty in Nature It seems He is revealing
Beauty has been found on a cloudy, rainy day

By: Erica Welch

3 comments:

  1. "Beauty in Nature It seems He is revealing
    Beauty has been found on a cloudy, rainy day"

    Love it! I like anything that deals with opposites or things not being what they appear. this was really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! didn't know you could write like that! that was really a great poem i enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete