Wednesday, September 1, 2010


What is Love?
Does everyone have a different opinion of love?
Can love make you crazy?
Is love an absolute?
Love seems to be the theme of a lot of stories.  I feel like Love is the most used/ talked about theme in Literature, movies, drama’s, TV shows, and music.  I believe we talked about in class how love and death are the main tensions in literature. I feel like most movies produced today has some kind of story line in at that involves Love. I think the same thing for music. I would say a majority of songs on my playlist involve Love or the tensions that go along with love. But without love our lives would be empty. And we would be lost without love.

I  did not understand the ending of “What we talk about when we talk about Love” . But I do think Terri had a distorted picture of what love is. As her previous husband was described as beating her and putting fear into her life and others. This is not love.  I think some people get manipulated into thinking that is what love is; that they are abusive because they “love” so much they cant control their anger. Or that “love” drove them to do whatever they did…Some also might fall for this because that is the type of “love” they are exposed to… such as an abusive parent. Their parent is supposed to be the one that “loves” them and that is how they show it….  Love wants the best for the other person and cares for them.( I Corinthians 13 describes what true love is the best...)
Now there is the question can love make you crazy? Has “love” ever driven you or someone you know to do something that you normally would not do (whether it be “good” or “bad”)?

No comments:

Post a Comment